Established in 1937 by a group of Jewish immigrants from Germany, Kfar Shmaryahu began its life as a rural settlement just 12 kilometers north of Tel-Aviv. The settlers, who came from different free professions, had decided to start a new life in the new country - life of labor and creation.
In the following years Kfar Shmaryshu grew to become a prosperous village with a lively community. The combination of its beauty and calm, along with its location close to Tel-Aviv, attracted new habitants, and it became a very popular and sophisticated neighborhood. Nowadays farmers, businessmen, artists and professionals live together in harmony in this colorful and active community.
Copyright © Kfar Shmaryahu Choir & Ruth Kritchman 2002